Monday 3 December 2012

Crows and Butternut

Monday 3 December 2012
Who says dark days and freezing views aren't inspirational: after completing my first visual bird poem that has been led by the bird rather than me yesterday (courtesy of a suggestion by a fellow poet/student, Jonathan Mamczynski, and a rather obdurate crow), I have now written a first vegetable poem for Incredible Edible Todmorden. They asked for brussels but these're proving even more obdurate than that crow, and need further cooking, so it is on the butternut and will be on their website soon I am told http://www.incredible-edible-todmorden.co.uk. This is going to be a big job as they want a haiku for each vegetable bed in the town... I've also been offered the beautiful methodist church for a poetry gig, so am thinking on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment